(Visited 5 times, 1 visits today)
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour (Bob's Red Mill)
- 3/4 cup potato starch (not potato flour)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup butter or Earth Balance Spread, melted
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups powdered sugar (Wholesome! brand is grain-free)
- 1/2 cup butter or Earth Balance
- 2 1/2 tablespoons milk or almond milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Food coloring, sprinkles +royal icing (options in Tips section in post above)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large bowl, whisk together almond flour, potato starch, sugar + baking soda.
- Add melted butter, egg + vanilla extract. Work wet ingredients into dry ingredients until dough forms, let dough sit 5 minutes, it will be a bit sticky.
- Roll dough out in between 2 pieces of parchment paper (this way, it will not stick to rolling pin). You can use a little potato starch to dust with if you prefer.
- Cut out desired shapes, lift and peel cookies and place on parchment paper lined baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for about 10-12 minutes. They will be soft in the middle. Let them cool for 15 minutes uninterrupted before transferring them to a plate. Let them cool completely before decorating.
- While cookies are cooling, blend frosting ingredients together and place into piping bag. Decorate cookies as desired. Store any leftovers in an airtight container. Enjoy!