(Visited 4 times, 1 visits today)
- 3 1/2 cups almond flour (Bob's Red Mill)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons homemade almond milk or coconut milk
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup Spectrum Shortening or butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup egg white powder (Hoosier Hill Farms) or plain egg white protein powder will do.
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- natural food coloring (plant based varieties) links in "tips" section in post above.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large bowl, whisk together almond flour and baking soda. Cut butter into flour with a pastry cutter or fork.
- Add honey, almond milk + vanilla extract and work through by hand until dough starts to form. Dough will be a bit sticky, let dough rest for 5 minutes.
- Roll out dough between two sheets of parchment paper, the top layer of paper will keep it from sticking to the rolling pin. Cut cookies into desired shapes.
- Gently peel and lift cookie cutouts and transfer carefully to parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes–when they're ready, they will still be soft but starting to brown a touch around the edges. Let them cool completely on the baking sheet--DO NOT move them, they will firm up during the cooling process. :)
- Blend frosting ingredients together with hand mixer while you're waiting for your cookies to cool. Chill frosting for 10 minutes in freezer, it will thicken. Blend frosting again, place into piping bag and decorate as desired. Store leftovers in an airtight container. Enjoy!